Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lots of Flying!

I recently attended the National Balloon Classic down in Indianola, IA. I was the weather official for the event, so the week was incredibly exhausting both serving as an official and flying in the competition. Going in, I had a goal of making the top half and finished in the top quarter at 24th. It was great to go back there and spend time with family and friends. I want to thank Devin Burnham for making the trip down and flying the event with me. Below are a few pictures of the event.

70+ balloons glowing.



Nice flight Sat night.


Here is my approach to the first target. I was fortunate enough to be flying with Jim Winker (hall of fame inductee) and his son in law Mike.


Here is my drop on the first target.


Here is my drop on the target Monday night. This does not count toward the overall competition but was a heck of a lot of fun!


Approaching the target Monday morning.


Wednesday AM, this was part of a five part task.


What a fun week!






Recently I went up to my friend's lake house to fly them over the lake. We had a great flight flying over Lake Byron. We even made the web site, check out http://www.lakebyron.org/.




I am headed to Battle Creek, MI from August 25-31st for the Nationals. I will be serving as the weather officer at that event, check this web site for a list of my co-workers in the event. Check back here for pictures of the event!

No comments: